Bringing the world into your classroom
The Game brings the world into your classroom. It's a great opportunity to have your students interacting online, in what is as close to real life share trading as you can get.
While you teach them about the sharemarket, your students can put what they are learning into practice as they are given a virtual $50,000 to trade for 10 weeks.
As a result of playing the Game your students will:
- develop their knowledge of the sharemarket
- learn how to research companies
- discover the importance of wise investment decisions
- learn more about investing which is beneficial for their future
The Game can be part of a school subject or an extra-curricular activity offered to students.
It is free to play and as a bonus, students can win great cash prizes.
How the Game works
- You register as a teacher and sign your students up to play the Game.
- Students compete either individually or in a group of 2 to 4 students.
- Students do research and decide which companies they will invest in.
- They buy and sell shares 'online' in any of the nominated ASX listed companies
- Orders to buy or sell shares can be placed at any time. Orders will be executed when ASX TradeMatch® is open (10 am to 4 pm)
- Available prices and quantities of shares from the real sharemarket will be taken from TradeMatch only.
Tools to help students get started
Great prizes to win
National: 1st - $2,500 2nd - $2,000 3rd - $1,500
State: 1st - $1,000
National: 1st - $1,000 2nd - $750 3rd - $600
State: 1st - $500
Citi - Game sponsor
As part of one of the world's largest financial services companies with a presence in more than 140 countries, Citi Australia has provided financial services to Australian consumers, corporates, institutions and governments for more than 30 years. Recognised for its innovative range of global products and services, Citi today counts more than one million Australians and one thousand local corporate and institutional clients as valued customers.
With 1800 employees based in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide and Brisbane, Citi in Australia reflects the global Citi organisation structure with its two major business divisions - Global Consumer Group and Institutional Clients Group. The respected brands of Citibank and Diners Club come together under the consumer group while the institutional business operates as Citi. Citi Institutional Clients Group includes investment and corporate banking, capital markets, transaction services, private banking and alternative investments. It is one of the few investment banking groups in Australia with a full range of services and the ability to tap capital and expertise from around the world.
For Individuals: Savings and Cheque Accounts, Credit and Debit Cards, Mortgages, Insurance, Wealth Management and Private Banking
For Corporations and Governments: Investment Banking, Corporate Banking, Capital Markets Origination and Global Transaction Services
For Institutional Investors: Sales and Trading, Alternative Investments, Securities and Fund Services and Investment Research and Analysis
*Dates subject to change without notice. Participation in the Game is subject to acceptance of the Game Rules.
© Copyright 2014 ASX Operations Pty Limited ABN 42 004 523 782. All rights reserved.